Bob Nelson, Eugene real estate commercial investment broker, has created this website to his share his expertise of commercial real estate investment in articles that educate, motivate, and assist in optimizing profitability. Bob’s down-to-earth style and a great sense of humor, combined with a level of experience and depth of knowledge that is unique in his field make for articles that hold value for both first time investors to seasoned institutional investors.
Bob is an industry recognized 1031 Exchange expert. As the “1031 Guru”, he has made a career of helping his clients achieve financial independence and protecting their gains from tax liability. In his 45 year plus years in commercial investment real estate and 1031 tax-deferred exchanges, he has helped his clients defer millions in tax liability through 1031 exchanges.
Read through Bob’s resume to discover how Bob’s experience will help you gain new understanding of how to create financial independence through commercial property investments.
Bob Nelson Areas of Investment Real Estate Expertise
Real Estate Investment Counselor:
Assisting real estate investment clients to understand their current position, investment capacity, and risk tolerance, then assisting them in creating a Real Estate Investment Strategy designed to achieve and maintain financial independence with a balanced income property portfolio.
Real Estate Investment Broker:
Buying, selling and tax deferred exchanging of income properties (primarily apartment, leased retail centers and other income properties).
Real Estate Exchange Broker:
The “1031 Guru” – (acting as a tax deferred exchange broker) envisioning, structuring and executing the 1031 exchange for clients with significant tax concerns.
IRA Investments into Real Estate:
Assisting the IRA owner to find proper legal and tax counsel for converting the IRA account to an IRA custodian that will allow the IRA funds to be invested into real estate and trust deed investments. Once the IRA account is held by an IRA custodian that allows self direction, assisting the IRA account owner is selecting and acquiring income generating real estate as a real estate investment broker.
Real estate investment oriented topics utilizing his 47 years of experience as a Real Estate Investment Broker and Real Estate Investment Counselor with an MBA degree, CCIM and CRE designations.
Awards and Designations
- Eugene Realtor of the Year award, 1984
- President of the Oregon/SW Washington CCIM Chapter, 2003, and regional Vice President in 2004 and 2005
- The Robert W. Nelson CCIM Scholarship, established in 2011, assists promising commercial realtors in continuing their education. Past recipients include: PSU Foundation – 2013, Bryce Pain – 2014, Beth DuPont – 2015, and Brent McLean – 2015.
CCIM and CRE Designations:
The CCIM designation is the highest professional designation for commercial – investment real estate specialists (about 8,500 CCIM’s in the world). Bob has been granted CCIM Life Member status for contributions to the commercial investment real estate world. Bob also has been awarded the CRE (Counselor of Real Estate) Designation.
Community Outreach and Education
Co-Host of the Real Estate Today Radio Show – airs weekdays at 5:30 on KPNW
Community Education – Instructor:
Lane Community College: all of the pre-license courses and several investment series
University of Oregon: anything real-estate oriented for the Division of Continuing Education
Community Education – Presenter:
Ongoing seminars about current topics for investors concerning commercial real estate investment
Bob Nelson Eugene Real Estate Commercial Investment Broker Experience:
Principal Broker and Owner at Pacwest Real Estate Investments, LLC
September 1968 – Present | Eugene, Oregon
- Principal Broker and owner of Pacwest Real Estate Investments, LLC, a commercial real estate firm in Eugene, OR. Recognized 1031 Exchange Specialist, Real Estate Investment Counselor, Real Estate Investment Broker, IRA Investments Into Real Estate Expert and Professional Speaker.
Real Estate Investment Broker and Real Estate Investment Counselor at Pacwest Real Estate Investments, LLC
September 1968 – Present | Eugene, Oregon
- Assisting real estate investment clients with the buying and selling of properties. Specialist in real estate investment strategy.
Real Estate Investment Instructor at Lane Community College
September 1970 – June 2009 | Eugene, Oregon
- Authored the three real estate pre-license real estate courses (Real Estate Law, Real Estate Finance and Real Estate Practices) for the State of Oregon Real Estate Agency. Developed the Real Estate Program at Lane Community College.
Past Regional VP: Region One (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Alaska) at CCIM Institute
January 2010 – January 2011
- Regional Vice President focused on Economic Empowerment.
President CCIM Chapter Oregon and SW Washington at CCIM Chapter Oregon and SW Washington
January 2009 – January 2010
- President CCIM Chapter Oregon and SW Washington focused on Economic Empowerment.
President Eugene Association of Realtors at Eugene Association of Realtors
January 1982 – January 1983 | Eugene, Oregon
- President Eugene Association of Realtors focused on Economic Empowerment.
Bob Nelson Eugene Real Estate Commercial Investment Broker Education:
University of Oregon
1968 – 1970
Concentration: Marketing and Real Estate
Oregon State University
1960 – 1965
Concentration: Forestry, Business Administration, Marketing, Real Estate
- Activities: Navy ROTC, served as USN officer in Gitmo Bay, Cuba
Bob Nelson Eugene Real Estate Commercial Investment Broker Interests & Activities:
University of Oregon Ducks Football Supporter, Watching Movies, Pistol Shooting, Working Out, Old West Lore, Reading Books